Thursday, September 23, 2010

What is it about coffee that we love?

Every morning, rather religiously, I turn on the kettle and wait to make my morning coffee before dealing with the day ahead. I don't think it would matter what was going on outside - rain, hail, shine or cyclone - it's best to avoid me until after that first cup of heaven has been drunk. 


I honestly don't care what type of bean has been used, whether its instant or carefully brewed.. I just want my caffeine and quick! Whilst research has found that caffeine can be highly addictive, drinking up to three cups of coffee a day has no affect on the area of the brain involved with addiction, dependence and reward... three cups is not enough! These scientist are obviously tea drinkers.


This brings me to some pictures I found of some gorgeous ladies in the 1950's enjoying their coffee...


Model in floral kimono style wrap, magazine clipping circa 1953.


Model in simple florals. Magazine clipping, circa 1953. 

I adore this beautiful black and white polka dot twin set.. 

Wherever you are in the world, I hope you enjoy your coffee (or tea if you please) and have a wonderful day x Sianne

No comments:

Post a Comment