Friday, September 3, 2010

Design drool; T.shelf by J1 Studio

Being an avid reader of Frankie Magazine, I often come across inspiring projects and cute home decor ideas to drool over & today has been no different.

Check out this incredibly swanky T.shelf by J1 Studio, one of many inovative pieces available by custom order on their website.



T.Shelf is an abbreviation for Triangle shelf. It is a unique shelving system that can be setup around your existing furniture, or can be just hanging by itself on a wall as a sculptural object.

"The concept was to create furniture for modern nomadic culture. It is easy to setup and pack flat for space saving transportation. The first approach was to get rid of screws. This also gets rid of the tools in assembling the furniture. T.Shelf uses cable and zipties to tie every triangle into one piece of furniture/sculpture and functions as displaying books, magazines, plants, pictures, or anything you want to display." *Text from http://www.j1studio.com/index.php?/ongoing/tshelf/

At first glance I didn't notice the zip-ties but I think they would distract me if I were to have the T.shelf in my house... I'm also wondering how long it would take to put together! Thoughts anyone?
 
Either way it's a very cool idea and kudos to Frankie Magazie for sharing.
 
x Sianne

1 comment: