Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The racing season is upon us in Alice Springs!


Every year the Alice Springs Turf Club hosts the XXXX Cup Carnival at Pioneer Park at the foothills of the MacDonnell Ranges just a few minutes out of town. It's a big event for the Red Centre & I'm looking forward to making the most of it!


There are a few key dates in my diary over the next month; Girls Day Out, Ladies Day & Young Guns Day as well as the main XXXX Gold Cup Carnival at the very end of the month of festivities. Whether I am able to attend all of the above is a different story... but I'm certainly prepared in the dress department!

"The only decent people I ever saw at the racecourse were horses."
James Joyce.


There are a number of fashion parades & similar events to keep me occupied.. I'm in dire hopes of finding fellow dress lovers to make friends with but have been pre-warned that the standards in rural NT are not exactly as high as the Gold Coast... 


Regardless, there is a single milliner's shop in town & this week I am working on the accessories for my dresses. I have a few ideas in mind & am after a rather classic look with a few kooky touches to put my own personal stamp on the look. I'm still waiting on materials to arrive but am hoping to have pictures ready in a week or so! 

In the mean time, I have purchased some handmade accessories from a South Korean store on eBay.. they're rather cute...

Black Cameo Shoe Clips
$9.99

Victorian Cameo Brooch
$6.99

Black mini top hat w/ veil
$9.99
Clearly I wouldn't wear 2 sets of Cameo's in the one outfit.. But I wanted to have both options open.

x Sianne

No comments:

Post a Comment