Monday, June 14, 2010

And they were all yellow.

Well! It has been a good while in between posts, must get wifi or cut my working hours! It's been a very hectic few weeks and I'll make a big effort to catch up on my blogging... lots in the memory bank to share.

Among my favourite things to collect is vintage imagery. Not only hard copies like magazines, patterns, photographs, flyers etc, but soft copies as well. Hard copies are fun to hunt down on eBay or in opp shops, but the web has vaults worth of oh-too-cute pictures just waiting to be drooled over. There are currently a few USB's sitting on my desk with a few thousand images from all over the place; Vogue magazine covers, McCall's advertisements and personal snapshots. I've had the urge to share a few fabulous vintage images I've either found in the treasure trove of the Internet or scanned onto my computer from magazines & books - so I will be doing so over the next few weeks.

My theme today is yellow, and the scanned images were found online. I think they're cute as a button, and whilst yellow is a colour that doesn't feature in my wardrobe, I'd surely love to own a fitted golden trench coat (last image).

Enjoy! 






McCall's 1964

McCall's 1964 range


You can find pictures everywhere, one day I want to cover a set of drawers in decopage of my collection... check out these sites for some more visual goodness.

http://www.vintageimagery.com/

http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/vimages.html

http://photobucket.com/images/vintage/

'Til next time,

Sianne

No comments:

Post a Comment